PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AI 787's
Thread: AI 787's
View Single Post
Old 9th Feb 2013, 10:05
captjns

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fat Bus, IMO, your statement about aviation in India being dangerous is unfair. Aviation in India may not be Utopia. that is a fact. However, it's by enlarge, not the worst airspace to fly in. Some may argue with me, but IMO, ATC in BOM and DEL have improved over the past years. Very little holding or “Make 360s at your present position”.

There are expats who’ve worked with Air India and have their justified opinions about the Carrier. There are employees of Air India are also employed by the DGCA, thus creating, not only a conflict of interest, but a toxic incestuou srelationship. Many share your opinion that Air India could use a time out from the rest of the world of civil aviation until they get their house in order.

However Fatbus, don't lump the private carriers of India, such as, Jet Airways, Indigo, Spice Jet, and Go in the same bin as Air India.

Now on to the 787 as is what this thread is about. I’ll bet my last Rupee that you were not cosulted by Air India, Boeign, the Indian DGCA, nor the FAA about positioning the 787s from DEL to BOM. There’s a lot involved with Mx ferry flights ranging from paperwork to the route of flight minimizing risk to those on the ground.

The design of the 787, on paper, was cutting edge and brilliant to say the least. Too bad he parts were not constructed with quality, by the parts manufacturers to engineering specifications, tested, andassembled. This thread would be non-existent. Boeing put the parts and some labor out for bid. This was brilliant cost savings idea from one of Boeing’s MBA brain trust to break the union. Oversight by Boeing with the out sourcing of part sconstruction was atrocious. Boeing’s ineptness could have led to a catastrophic inflight failure resulting in loss of life. How many remember the ill fated DC-10s and their cargo doors? The FAA gets no award for their oversight of the assembly, testing, leading to the certification of the 787 either.

You can’t even stamp “Made in America” on those “Billboards” parked on the ramp collecting dust. As a side bar, I tell my F/O’s, tongue in cheek, the window latch in the cockpit is the only part on the jet they will see with a Boeing Stamp on it.

Isn't it ironic how the rest of the world gripes about the crappy products from China. America needs to take a look at whats coming off the assembly lines in Seattle and Charleston.

Last edited by captjns; 9th Feb 2013 at 10:16.