PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet to create 330 pilot jobs
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2013, 23:02
Wageslave

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The only way I can see that might break this employment logjam is to remove the system that creates it, ie the mandatory start to finish sponsored/totally funded system of zero-to-hero on one cheque and revert to the previous and time-proven hours-builder system where money didn't enable you to buy an airline job, nor the airlines to control the training market.

Then we'd be back to flying instructors struggling to get a job in air taxi or aerial work, then jump to commuter or local carriers before making the break to the heavy stuff. Airlines get experience as they can no longer control the process from end of high school stage, and maybe a bit of airmanship would return to the equation too. Call me a nostalgic old fud if you like, but that system worked far better imho.

Lots of the present generation of FOs and SOs would hate the idea I've no doubt as it involves effort and commitment unknown nowadays. I bet many of the Capts would welcome it. The essential thing is surely to remove the artificial distortion of the job market by airlines through a stranglehold on recruitmant that denies honest commercial pressures to drive the job market throughout the entire industry.
It would be like a powerful dose of laxative to our chronically constipated job market.

Not that there is a snowball's chance of it happening of course.

Last edited by Wageslave; 7th Feb 2013 at 23:04.