PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse
Old 7th Feb 2013, 14:42
Squadronbrat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question: How are these new pilots going to start a career and land a first job when NO airline will hire them, due to no experience? How are they going to get this experience? This is how it is nowadays. So, their option is P2F and LT. Give me just one other way for them to go?
Like I say - you can't call it a job if you pay to go to work. Just give you "one other way for them to go"? Well, you P2F can go You've ruined an industry.

I don't feel like it's my fault if the western world in general is suffering a constant decline.
Poor child. Deal with it. All the more reason not to remortgage daddies house to go play with jets.

This is how it is nowadays. So, their option is P2F and LT. Give me just one other way for them to go?
Go to Maun bush flying, instruct, work up the ladder to turboprops like the rest of us did. Theres even this:

http://www.pprune.org/interviews-job...ml#post7681533

We're not all Hamble cadets.

It's not our fault, but yours! You old pilots!
You will (guaranteed) get a very warm reception by any Captain if you ever make it to a jet with that attitude. That's a big if. You're not even a licence holder!

RedBullGaveMeWings

No GAZ45, but I wish I already had a flying job, no matter the aircraft type!
I am about to start PPL here in Italy and then study ATPL theory straight away - next step would be hour building.
If I'd worked for them, I wouldn't have written anything about other schools and hour building places like NCB Aviation and its likes.
Very easy to talk when your already sitting in your shiny jet...
Yes, it is. And I've worked for it, not paid for it.

I am against pay to fly, I have already decided I want to be a flight instructor at first but I don't know whether it will pay the bills or not in the long term even though I may well end up going through this sh*t in future...
Nobody earns a great living by instructing. It's not about that, it's gaining valuable experience. It's better and more honourable than P2F.

Last edited by Squadronbrat; 7th Feb 2013 at 14:51.