PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 6th Feb 2013, 12:52
snakepit

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Jimf671
ITT Schedule 2.1 Specification, addresses Training for SAR organisations and
emergency services at 2.2.1 and for Aircrew at 2.2.2. Schedule 2.3 asks for different type of training for aircrew and mentions initial, on-job-training and continuation training, then synthetic and live training.

I suggest that aircrew training and SAR organisations and emergency services training have a big overlap. Although it does not explicitly state it in the ITT Schedules, initial and continuation training will be necessary for both.

So the 50 hours, is that Aircrew Continuation? And On-the-job? And this includes synthetic? Probably a yes. What about the rest?
You appear to have a copy of the ITT Jimf671 so I am surprised that you need to suggest anything as surely it is in the ITT in black and white? If it does not state that there is a big training overlap between aircrew training and ERT training then I would suggest there is not going to be one and furthermore, that there has been a reasoned decision that there does not need to be one. After all even the military only conduct familiarization training with RNLI, MRT etc approx once a year per unit.

Maybe you could provide us all with the details from the ITT on the 50 hours and clear up your own point, instead of making suggestions and trying to get a bite! Because if it says 50 hours aircrew flying SAR role training that each unit is required to complete, then it is NOT on the job and does not include synthetic nor does it include RNLI, MRT training. Simples ek

Last edited by snakepit; 6th Feb 2013 at 12:53.