PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL flight test...?
View Single Post
Old 5th Feb 2013, 22:48
iPahlot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't forget to cancel your SAR!

While building your command time to out to places you're unfamiliar with and pick small obscure places to find and go find them, that's the best way to get comfortable with what will be expected of you.

Constant heading and your watch are your friends. Throw in a GS and keep on top of your position fixes and you will find it's hard to get lost.
Put half way markers on your tracks, my ATO loved to see that and it helps you greatly. Correct for drift as soon as you can see it's not as forecast and tell them what you're doing.

When I did my CPL flight test in MB we went out west and I have to find a railway siding which was marked as a town on the WAC and we had forecast winds vary through about 270 degrees, which tends to happen around Melbourne, so I just kept on top of fixing up my tracks while I was flying and ended up exactly where I was meant to be when I was meant to be there.

In MB you'll more than likely fly in to Essendon and through one of the VFR routes, so get familiar with various approach points. Nothing finishes a flight test quicker than busting airspace.

Most of all though, enjoy it!