PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Moving to Canada
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2013, 20:52
+TSRA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be put off by them. Some seemingly feel the day they obtained a Commercial Pilot Licence, they are entitled to a guranteed job, and their life-long progression through the industry should be governed by the seniority of their licence number.
+1

My company has hired just as many "foreign" pilots as we have "local" pilots. The key is that, unfortunately, pilots are not "in-demand" by Immigration Canada, and therefore you should consult with them first before paying for any airline tickets or training.

Home - Citizenship and Immigration Canada - Canada

Once you've done that, then look at how to transfer your license over to the Canadian one - you'll save a lot of money if Immigration says no, but you'll follow all the right steps if they say yes.

From there, most of us search jobs in canada through either AvCanada ::: Welcome ::: or PILOT CAREER CENTRE - Latest Pilot Jobs, Pilot Resume / Pilot CV Design, Interview Preps and more....

Just take note though that you will want to look for a job once you have your licenses in hand. There are many operators (and I'll admit I've been guilty of it myself) who see a resume from a pilot who they cannot hire because they do not yet hold the appropriate Canadian licenses, and that resume goes straight into the rubbish bin, with naught a phone call or e-mail to say sorry.

All in all, as The Old Fogducker pointed out, supply is much greater than demand in Canada right now, so don't be surprised if you get to 30 sent resumes before you get a phone call!

Good luck!