PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse
Old 4th Feb 2013, 14:52
TheBigD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse

I recently received an email from a Ppruner who shall remain anonymous. He is a non US citizen and the email started off with how to go about obtaining one's CFI in the States. I was very obliged to help until I read that the gentleman doesn't expect to get paid and he would be willing to instruct for free!!! I told him all of the reasons why he should not instruct for free, but he probably won't take my advice. WTF has this industry come to? What is wrong with wannabe's/newbie's. Not only are they willing to participate in immoral PFT or P2F schemes but now they are looking at instructing for free? So they will spend 10K to get their CFI's, instruct for FREE for a few years, then PAY 50K for some P2F program, and work for peanuts for another few years ( assuming that the the P2F airline keeps them on after the 300 or 500 hours of line training) Then what will they do, pay to upgrade to the left seat?

I can't get someone to mow my lawn for free, nor would I expect someone to do it for free. Now can you imagine someone paying you for the privilege to mow your lawn? Sounds crazy right? But we have people (who consider themselves professionals) willing to flight instruct for free, P2F, etc. I just don't get this industry any more. The sad part is it will get worse and I don't see it getting better..............Most of these kids don't see that their actions are hurting the industry as a whole.....Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry for the rant guys.

Last edited by TheBigD; 4th Feb 2013 at 20:13.