PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet Portugal. Worst contract in Europe
Old 4th Feb 2013, 13:38
busav8r

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
...betray complete ignorance of the laws governing industrial action in the UK. Such action would be illegal as so called secondary action, and would leave all those taking part in it, and any union that organised it, open to wide ranging legal remedies. i.e. Action for breach of contract. Any pilots taking part in secondary action could face dismissal.

I am not for one minute suggesting that Flexiscrew is a good thing. It is a disaster for the long term future of the piloting "profession". However, unfortunate though it is, there is very little that can be done to stop the rot.
john_smith, even tough I understand your arguments, I think there is one small detail you've just forgotten: if, without exception, all EZ planes would be left on the ground what is going to happen to the flight crews? Legal actions against to all of them? Dismissal to everybody?! The end of EZ? I don't think so.

What is happening to EZ now is a complete disaster to everybody, and a complete disrespect to our profession. But I am afraid the problem is not only with EZ... we just need to look around (most particularly in the EU and US) to see the disaster...

Last edited by busav8r; 4th Feb 2013 at 19:15.