View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2013, 10:03
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by No RYR for me
@hangar 6

And

Quote:
Many failed attempts at getting good utilization on each hull per day, good yield for business traffic but loads aircraft sit around all day 10am-4pm

Is actually a good combination. You rather have low capital high maintenance cost aircraft sit around most of the day instead of new high capital cost low maintenance cost aircraft.....
You are right, and indeed VLM and Eastern employed this strategy successfully in the past: fly only at peak times, because with low capital costs you don't have to "sweat the assets" so much. The problem comes when the peak-time flying doesn't generate enough revenue, and you have to try to find something to do off-peak that will make a contribution to fixed costs. That's the situation in which CityJet has found itself.

Originally Posted by fjencl
Are we expecting an imminent announcement soon......??????
Tautology of the week award - when else other than "soon" would one expect an imminent announcement?

I am not suggesting that anything is "imminent" - I don't know when this process will be concluded - although I seem to recall press reports suggesting that it was expected to be complete during 1Q2013.

Last edited by Cyrano; 4th Feb 2013 at 10:04.