PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 7th Feb 2003, 11:19
Buffet Boundary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I understand that senior managers have been running around bases like headless chickens for the past few days, trying to drum up support and enthusiasm for their derisory offer - talk about crisis management.

Anyone in Easyjet voting yes for this deal wants their head examining !!!

As do BALPA for recommending it to their members.

I am not one to advocate strike action but for heavens sake BALPA surely you can do better that this.

To my knowledge the deal includes a 6 on 3 off work pattern but they can roster certain 'flexi days' within this agreement. Namely you will not finish until 02:00 on your first day off and can be rostered from 02:00 on your first day back. So you will effectively have only 1 yes 1 ! clear day off.

'Days Off' rosters are published for a 12 months period to allow crews to plan socially but surely you only know that you have 1 absolute day off for certain i.e. your second day.

Am I right in saying that BALPA have successfully negotiated the retention of crew food, however, the crews have to pay 1100 pounds for the priviledge. Nice one BALPA ! Bet the pilots like that little gem.

BALPA you :

1) Have the negotiating ability of a Manatee

2) Overcharge your members ( no one should have to pay more than 25 pounds per month for union representation)

3) Have the most lacklustre and disorganised administrative dept I have ever spoken to.

Another reason BALPA membership is so low in Easyjet must be the huge numbers of foreign pilots within the organisation.

But that's another issue altogether