PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AAC YEOVILTON
Thread: AAC YEOVILTON
View Single Post
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 21:17
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Yeovilton

It is apparently old hat and people have been one about it for ages. I have heard that a lot of new accom will be built on the brownfield site where the old wardroom was ( now flattened and part-field, part-car park). Now whether this is an Army all ranks one-stop sort of mini base within Yeovilton I am not sure. Had heard that was how it was going to go.
South Dispersals two big hangars I suppose would be adequate (or ideal perhaps) for the entire Army fleet of aircraft - 800,801 and 899 were all in there from about 1995 (?) until their demise at VL. This area has the two pretty large hangars, quite alot of office space, car parking but a bit out of the way compared to the rest of the base. Pretty big dispersal.
I know that some people are worried the nature of Yeovilton, perhaps the whole atmosphere of the base will change with the arrival of the Army. Is
it a good mix? Will it work? Mess atmosphere will change, I think. Two proud organisations forced to live and work closely together, both very different in uniform and tradition, discipline even. Yeovilton always to me was a pretty relaxed sort of place really for a military base, and most of the time, fun.Or perhaps it will all be okay.
Hangarshuffle.