PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Converting FAA Part 61.75 to full certificate
Old 3rd Feb 2013, 18:28
custardpsc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Welcome. Sounds like a good plan and you are all set. I found that getting up to speed again ready for the checkride really improved my flying and preparing for the oral was probably the toughest part ! Be prepared for aeromedicine questions, LAHSO operations, aerodynamics and airspace questions. Worth looking at what they call areas of special emphasis - these will come up.

I don't know if you have read up on the many checkride writeups that are around but they do help. Also be prepared to do half of the engine failure on the ride down to 500 ft and the rest in the circuit as a power off glide approach. Bit strange that. On the ride they seem to usually pull the power right over a grass strip and expect you to plan a way down to it, with a g/a at 500ft. It really helps if you spend time in the practice area and learn where those private strips are. Also either take an E6B or be ready to do ground speed calcs in your head - you will definitely get a revised eta question on the first part of the ride.

Good luck with it all. Enjoyed mine so much I am going back to california this week to get the commercial done.