PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Thread removal.
Thread: Thread removal.
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2013, 20:47
Martin Sigerola

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Richard - What a strange thought - it seems to be based on the assumption that GEP apparently likes croissants!

One other thing. You and GEP seem to share a passion for croissants in your posts.
Do you have a personal issue with GEP? - I can't help but notice that you signed up on here about the time that all the postings started against him.

As I said before I have been a reader of this forum for many years, I can't help but wonder why you just happened to sign up here then an a large number of your posts seem to be directed at GEP.

I came on here not to talk about GEP, but to talk about Chris Alexander. I did keep a copy of his post on the other forum, which was his reply about his issues and trial with the CAA. I also saw that the person who had started the thread and Chris Alexander had the same IP address. I did also see that another poster had used an IP address that GEP had used.

I also read G-BLEW's comment after the thread was locked - which said that even with the same IP address it did not prove that it was the same person.

As I could see on there that GEP had not posted for many months on Flyer (I did look after the first post after what the post claimed) I could also see that both the original poster (a new sign up on that forum) and Chris Alexander posted seemingly from the same IP within a few hours of each post. That's how I read the message from G-BLEW.

Going back to Christopher Alexander: This was the post he made of flyer on Flyer, I have also copied the first post that started the thread. I am under the impression that on here threads are deleted if they mention GEP by name, so I have "*" some of the name.

It seems like a direct attack on GEP by both the original poster and Chris Alexander. He obviously feels that GEP was influential in the prosecution being brought. Surely though the CAA would have only proceeded based on hard evidence that they had in hand.

Just one small point - What Alexander claims about his 4.00am arrest is farcical. The offence Alexander claims he was arrested for is not an arrestable offence. The normal mode is via a summons.

Flying school owner found NOT guilty.

by wunwingpaul » Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:38 am
I am new here having come across from the "other place".

I note with interest that the owner of several flying schools was recently prosecuted by the Civil Aviation Authority for supposed flying and instructing without the correct tickets. The argument was all over a medical. I followed the three day trial and was there.

The guy had both a NPPL medical and an JAR class 2 but not issued in the UK. The CAA admitted that they based the case on allegations made on an internet forum called pprune by a guy called goldeneagle pilot.

The guy was found not guilty of all matters by an unanimous verdict. The CAA were ordered to pay full costs back to the school owner. It is understood that the CAA are now no longer allowed to bring prosecutions but that all future prosecutions now have to go through the CP
And Alexanders own post:

by Chris Alexander » 30 Jan 2013 18:32
Paul, with the greatest of respect sir, just like you are short of a wing (wunwing?) I think you are a little short of facts.

It was ME that was the subject of the prosecution so I do know a little about it.

In brief, these are matters that came out in court and are in the public arena, a person reporting to be called David ******** called both the CAA and local police reporting that none of our aircraft had C of As, insurance, radio licences, etc etc etc and that the instructors didnt hold licences.

The police checked with the CAA and I am told the CAA didn't have a record of a valid medical certificate. The police attended my house at 4am one morning and I was arrested for flying without a valid flight crew licence. (my means of not having a valid medical). At interview I explained I had both a JAR class 2 issued in Ireland and an NPPL declaration. The police knew nothing about aviation. I was charged the next morning, and refused bail on the basis that I posed a flight risk. I went before the magistrates the next morning and remanded in custody. It was stated that as I owned numerous aircraft I could "FLEE IN SOUTH AMERICA IN ONE OF THE SCHOOLS AIRCRAFT" ( yes- South America in a Pa38!!!!)

After a week in jail, I managed to get an application to a judge who let me out. I was advised not to say anything or produce anything to the CAA to "keep the powder dry". I still dont understand this bit.

I sought out proper legal advice in the form of a barrister called Stephen Spence who is also a pilot. There then followed long legal argument as the CAA tried to say that the burden of proof was upon me to prove I had a medical. Stephen said the burden was on the prosecution to prove that I didnt. This took many days in court whilst the barristers argued like two rhinos. Stephen won.

Then, and NOTHING to do with my case, the CAA lost the right to bring cases due to some European ruling and the case went over to the CPS. This is when it all went bad as the CPS really didnt seem to understand aviation law. Each hearing had a new CPS barrister, paperwork got lost by them etc etc etc.

We expected them to withdraw before the trial but to trial it went. 10 counts of flying without a licence- several counts of the same day- ie count 3 a flight to Popham, count 4 the flight back! etc etc.

We called the doctor that did my medical, the CAA admitted that all the aircraft were fully legal etc etc, and on the last day I was found NOT guilty on all matters. Alot was made of the allegations made on PPRune which were all unfounded. We were awarded full costs which are in six figures. The civil action which they indicated today they will settle is in seven figures.

If you get in trouble with the CAA get a good lawyer. You will find it hard to beat Stephen Spence- one of the very few barristers willing to take defence work.

I hope this is the end to all matters and that I can quietly get on with running safe, legal and fun flying schools and concentrate on good stuff.

So dont blame the CAA, dont deal in rumours, and above all enjoy your flying. The thought of losing your licences and not being able to fly brought that one home to me.

HAve fun guys.