PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 1st Feb 2013, 22:50
canberra97

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GA

Fairdealfrank

Well at least with Garuda they have had the experience at LGW after previously serving the airport for 23 years so they may stand a good chance of staying at LGW along with Emirates.

I dont want every long haul airline at LGW to move to LHR and some probably can not afford it anyway and therefore will stay at LGW but it is good to see a comeback with the recent new long haul airlines at LGW and may it continue 'hopefully'!

I do have fond memorys though of the viewing deck at LGW from 1980 onwards where you could look down on so many long haul airlines, exotic ones at that with the likes of Air Afrique, Air Gabon, Air Gambia, Air Lanka, Air New Zealand, Air Seychelles, Air Tanzania, Air Zimbabwe, ANA All Nippon Airways, Avianca, CAAC, Cameroon Airlines, Cathay Pacific, Garuda Indonesian, Korean Air, Philippine Airlines, Royal Brunei Airlines, Royal Nepal Airlines, Sierra Leone Airlines, Uganda Airlines, Yemenia etc along with the north American carriers such as Braniff International, CP Air, Delta, Pan Am, Peoples Express, Northwest Orient, TransAmerica, TWA, Wardair, Western, World Airways, etc, etc, etc :-)

Sorry for that but the nostlagia was getting the better of me!