PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plus cabin Job - Have you heard of this?
View Single Post
Old 31st Jan 2013, 23:07
Inspire Change

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Beware of this firm!

Pluscabinjobs is also cpclearn is also expresscabincrew. CPC Global Ltd (same postcode as those other sites) appears on the UK Register of Learning Providers which I expect is to give a pretence of credibility & give you confidence. However, it's completely free to do this, in fact, anyone can do it.

The company was incorporated on 30/12/2012. To achieve what they claim to achieve (working with biggest airlines) from a home based study course in just over 1 year is nothing short of a miracle. They aren't even required to post their accounts until 30/9/13 but I wonder if they ever will. There is just one director for this massive organisation, he is registered at Companies House as Mr. Ali Yahya Ali & he is 27 years of age in 2013.

Typically they advertise on Gumtree.

I've leave it up to you as to what opinion you form but:

- They say they offer an accredited course. I very much doubt that but you should ask who is the awarding body and the course code from that body. I expect they will just repeat their "qualification."
- They ask for £295 upfront (and I bet they will be persuasive), with the rest almost on a "pay us when you've got it," basis. Managing the collection of those ongoing payments would be almost impossible.
- Full fees are £3k. For an online/assignment/home study course???? Really? You can get a two week classroom based course by an ex-flight attendant trainer with a trip to the British Airways training facility at Heathrow at other credible providers.
- Go to Google and type in e.g. "plus cabin jobs reviews." There will be 40+ of the most outstanding, enthusiastic, OMG this has changed my life reviews. Even THE most outstanding training provider in the country as externally verified by Ofsted doesn't get this level of review. Especially for a course that you don't even have a tutor for.

I could go on, and on, and on about the holes in this company. I'm actually pretty sure they had exactly the same set up as a different company registered at an address in Aldgate, and before that Canary Wharf.

And just in case you are still unsure - CPC??? Stands for Copy Paste Cash - Learn to earn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ihss6v55Cs]

If I was younger, impulsive & desperate for a career of my dreams, I could easily have fallen for this. It's actually a very well written & worded site to appear as if you get the world but actually there's an awful lot of nothing.

I felt it was my duty to burst this company's bubble because there are a small number of really credible, valuable and rewarding cabin crew courses out there, delivered by people who are passionate about what they do.

Choose carefully!

Last edited by Inspire Change; 1st Feb 2013 at 11:43.