PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - How to better deal with Upset and Disgruntled passengers?
Old 31st Jan 2013, 20:06
sevenstrokeroll

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dawdler

Dear Dawdler:

a sincere thank you. and my wishes for safe flying to you and yours.

---

Melbro...original poster. Maybe being a FA is not for you. At times I've questioned my choice...I wish I had taken that job offered to me by apple computer in 1982...I'd be richer now.

But then, for me, being a pilot was pretty darn cool...great view...and it made me who I am today...for better or for worse.

Try something new...if you have only done one thing in your life, you may have another six to go.

I've been a min wage worker in a hardware store
I've been a soldier in the US Army (honorably discharged)
I've been a drummer (US Army Band)and a darn good one.
I've worked in a crummy pizza joint to help my way through college
I've been a flight instructor, instrument instructor, multi engine instructor and every other crappy job (except for crop dusting) in flying.

And an airline pilot.

if you are doubting your choice, try something on your days off...you may end up appreciating those people who make your life so difficult.

airlines used to hire really good looking girls for a reason to be FA's. a smile, a kind word, even a pat on the shoulder goes much farther if given by a cute girl.

things are different now...anyone can be a FA...you are there to serve the passengers, not the other way round...and only in bonafide emergencies should you kick someone in the butt to get them doing what needs to be done.

;-)