PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Log taxi time?
Thread: Log taxi time?
View Single Post
Old 30th Jan 2013, 15:45
Torque Tonight

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another zombie thread back from the dead.

I do not think the rules are quite as cryptic as many people seem to think, but many seem to draw a far more restrictive conclusion than what is written down.

There is no reasonable doubt that taxi time associated with a flight is loggable under civil regulations. It is absolutely standard to log off chocks to on chocks. Your interpretation phiggsbroadband is incorrect. Unless you teleport from the parking position to the runway then the aeroplane first moves for the purpose of taking off when it starts taxying. I think this scenario of taxying to fly, and then actually flying, is beyond doubt.

Another scenario is taxying without intent to fly and not flying, such as going to the fuel pumps and then back to the parking. I think everyone would agree that this cannot be logged.

The situation that always causes a difference of opinion is if you taxy with genuine intent to takeoff, but for genuine reasons do not fly (as happened to me once last week). I know which side I come down on and I think the rules have always been quite clear, but as this thread shows, this matter always divides opinion. I am incidentally a stickler for the veracity and integrity of my logbook.