PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MANCHESTER - 9
Thread: MANCHESTER - 9
View Single Post
Old 28th Jan 2013, 14:46
mickyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shed

On reading your post #322 again I find that I am completely in the wrong
about what you have said about the deal,and it appears that what you say is completely true and going to happen.I was initially worried that your
references to a doomsday scenario was scaremongering in the extreme.But I now realise that your comments spoke a lot of sense and should be taken as a warning of things to come.I thought stupidly that your references to 'Vimto' and 'Cockney Airways of Hounslow' and 'Brand new airport at Stansted' was an attempt to regionalise your argument - you being a mancunian and proud.
Having as I say re-read the post I can see that you really do have your finger on the pulse of this issue and are right to be worried that MAG have struck a bad deal mainly because of Michael O'leary and his airline and the pressure they can bring on financial doings.
I agree that the Abu Dhabi investment offer was the best idea but like you I have no vested interest and so bow to your superior knowledge on this matter?
I am sure that if you revealed yourself fully to us we would find that you are indeed a big wig in the industry and have chosen this forum to 'vent' on this subject - thanks.
Your insight and candor in this matter has enabled me and many others
to appreciate the grasp you have on this beffudlement.
Your reasons and strong argument with logical points are well developed and not atall kneejerk and flimsy to the point of being comical.

Good Health,

MM