PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying on the Continent in March
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2013, 15:13
sapco2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems to me Packo raised some very good questions here. He may get some additional help on the professional pilot forums but to be honest most professionals (myself included) wouldn't have much of clue where the best European destinations for light aircraft pilots to fly to are - so this was as good a place as any to carry out his research.

Where are the cheapest fuel prices? And where can the best landing fees can be obtained? Which airfields should be avoided because of language barriers etc? There have been a couple of helpful responses already which are in stark contrast to xj8driver's sarcastic tone and I wonder why he bothered to reply at all since he clearly has nothing constructive to say.

For the record some of the most able newly qualified CPL pilots I've come across are those who have achieved their flying experience entirely in Europe; its an easier option to do your hour building in the sunshine of Florida or somewhere similar but in my opinion stick with your hour building plan because there is nothing quite like pitting your wits against the European weather to build your confidence levels and experience.

Last edited by sapco2; 21st Jan 2013 at 15:18.