PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Just another day at work?
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2013, 02:29
HBXNE

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Spinwing

Thanks for the info about the external video cameras on the 139, I was unaware of this. Similar to the Mil-26? I started in this business when external load work was only done with mirrors. Personally, I prefer when the pilot can see me and the landing zone directly, ie. bubble door or door off & at least a 30 meter line.

I was not critiquing how the pilot flew the job and I apologize if this was how my comments were read. That part of the video was very smooth and accurate as one would expect.

Working with the AS332c1 & L's, logging, setting ski towers, assembling construction cranes, etc. Summer and winter. Helmets with radios and hi visibilty clothing are not an option. We all had them because it is mandatory, (workers compensation). Helmets if fitted properly do stay in place.

"and just how do you know radios were not used ????"

My comment was only with regards to communication between the pilot and the ground crew. This was my main point behind my comments

I do assume air to air radio comms were being monitered by the person in the left hand seat so that the pilot could concentrate on the job at hand.

I know we could discuss this till the cow's come home because we are working in different parts of the industry. External load vs people mover, (IFR). Having worked both sides, (VFR & IFR) I know they have their own very unique challenges.

Bottom line, the job was completed safely and without problem so I will enjoy the pictures and the wonderful view and leave it at that.

This heli-deck must be a magnet for companies with big advertising bugets. I still remember Roger Federer and Andre Agassi playing "tennis" up there. No safety ropes or ball boys.

Keep the shiney side up and have a great flying season.

M