PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2003, 19:27
Rumbo de Pista

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well done easy!!

You made an old man chuckle today when I read the details of the new 'offer' - the first time have seen a pay deal which includes salaries which will be reduced before it comes into effect!! I laughed so much I bought a round!

There seems to be very little more on offer to you than was there before, and as to the management 'demonstrating' the cost of providing crew meals, why don't they demonstrate the cost of simulator checks, line checks, salary, allowances, or any of the other things which an airline pays out to/for its employees?

And the 90% for new left-seaters. Very, very, poor reasoning behind this. Total disrespect for the people you are putting in your left seats. Especially disappointing for all the blokes and girls who will be 'home grown' Captains. Devastating for those whose careers have been held up by the legendary 'fairness' of the command selection process. These worms will turn.

Six on three off seems to be accepted as the status quo. It seems, from the number of moans about fatigue here, that this scheme (really, seven on two off), plus the early flying and night flying and swaps between the two, add up to knackered pilots who just manage to keep body and soul together.

I used to worry if was in the right job. Now, the grass is looking as though the cat has been out, when I look over the fence into the orange grove.