PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 4th Feb 2003, 16:02
Clear right!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Southern Softy wrote;

Before BALPA, we did have 6on 3 off,

Under the original deal it was going, now it's staying. Some can opt out now and go to ad hoc crewing. True BALPA didn't gain it for us, but they've kept it for us.

we did have crew food( your suggestion it remains is only partially correct as we are paying for it ourselves now),

Under the old deal it was going, BALPA members voted conclusively for crew food to remain. It has done.

All your seeing now is the cost (£1100) that the employer bears. Prior to this when we had crew food the cost was still there to the company. This is a little bit of propaganda for the company to make you want to give up crew food. "Ooh, I could have an extra £1100 BEFORE tax in my pocket."

Under the old deal you would have got the £1100, big deal, after tax at 40% and NI of around 10% not much left to feed yourself with.

You were always paying for the crew food. Just this year they [the co] didn't want the hassle of providing it. As a sweetner to get you to give it up they've offered you money. Since crew food arrived they never offered you the money but it will always have been factored into the costs of an employee, just like uniform, 2 free tickets etc etc is in other airlines.

we had much better sector pay,

For Captains it hasn't changed much but for SFO it has gone down by £4. However with the increase in basic it offsets the drop in sector pay. The basic is pensionable so you're getting more in your pension too.

and at least we got a night stop allowance for sim and SEPs which we no longer get.

No you no longer get a nightstop allowance, instead you get two sector payment, a 20% increase on your nightstop allowance.

And we also had a crew contribution policy, no penalties I admit.

Now if they cock it up throughout the year a Captain gets £2,000 and an FO gets £1200. Not as good as previous.

And newly promoted captains had parity in pay to other captains not a 10% cut ( or whatever you wnt to call it)

Totally agree with you, 100% of the responsibility for 90% of the money, I don't think so.

Overall the package is the best on offer. I'm a BALPA member and I'm not going to go on strike whilst 49.7% of the workforce (non BALPA members) cross the picket line.

Pilots in easyJet who aren't BALPA members and wish to complain about the deal can take a hike.

Look what BA's PC did with membership in the 90% region. RDW knows he has us over a barrel and if you don't like it, tough.

If you want better terms and conditions join BALPA to present a united front or quit bleating cos it ain't going to get any better