PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pete Barnes -Condolences Thread
View Single Post
Old 16th Jan 2013, 15:21
generalspecific

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I crossed the channel in a 206 where I took him as a safety pilot as I had my wife and my daughter and I wanted some professional backup. Half way over the channel it turned out we lived almost next to each other in a tiny village in France. Then at max gross he carefully and gently helped me get out of Issy le Mol without overtorquing anything only to get a call from ATC to tell me that my daughter had left her laptop in the terminal and we had to return for another go half a pound lighter. I could have cried at having to do the whole thing again and he didn't even bat an eyelid.

I am honoured to say that he and his family became friends. He was the standard to which I foolishly aimed at, with no hope of success. He was a genteman, an outstanding aviator, a father and partner to B...

I miss him, I am in shock and it pains me that our cruel defiance of gravity has claimed someone so simply outstanding.

In the unlikely event that you read this B... you know who I am and we are here for whatever you need..