PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rough reception at Popham!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 22:43
FBS

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am not convinced we are getting the full story here. We have a so-called telling off on air with someone that joined base leg after an initial information call. On air telling offs - if that is what happened - are not acceptable but also, not yet at least, a hanging offence.

We have the suggestion that someone may, or may not, have been cut up in the circuit but we are only hearing this was not a problem from one side.

I can see a lot of hot air being blustered by someone that may well have made a small mistake but is now making a lot of noise that is disproportionate, and sometimes this is a clear sign that someone cannot accept being wrong.

If you were told off on air then that is not acceptable (if that is actually what happened rather than a simple comment about 'where did you come from' being taken the wrong way.)

You tried to take this up with the airfield manager who was not there.

However, you did not write to him, telephone him or email him but instead decided to go public, on a forum that has WAY more listeners than the traffic at Popham, to not only call the radio operator names but also to suggest to people should avoid the airfield. Do you not see that your actions are way more unacceptable than anything that happened at the weekend? You have had every opportunity to deal with this in a businesslike manner but have resorted instead to online insults and an attempt to damage the legitimate business of one of our remaining small airfields.

I am afraid Sir that you have shown your colours. They are not impressive.

I also sincerely hope that I do not come up against your 10,000 hour plus CAA RT examiner version of airmanship. You may think you are an excellent pilot but I think that may be part of the problem.

Popham is a good place but it is not perfect. You sir, are not perfect either.

Last edited by FBS; 15th Jan 2013 at 22:53.