PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rough reception at Popham!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 22:25
Monocock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
OK so when/where will we read this account?

I find these 'I know something that you don't know and I'm not telling' posts a tad pathetic.

If OZ's complaint is far out let the A/G bloke tell us so we can make our own minds up.
I'm not going to copy & paste his full email, but am happy to provide some facts from it and I know he'll be happy with this. In the event he decides not to post his full account tomorrow, you're ALL welcome to email him for his version of events. His address is on the website.

1. Two other aircraft in the circuit confirmed he hadn't called at all prior to calling Base.

2. He didn't have PPR (which isn't actually required, but why lie about it?).

3. His attitude was rather poor (mentioned by another pilot) and he carved a tight Base leg with no warning, thereby cutting up other aircraft.

4. He only used the last two letters of his call sign, even on first (Base) contact.

5. He said he'd called at Chilbolton but no other aircraft had heard that at all, hence he was asked if his radio was functioning.

Let's not forget, this guy works the radio for many events at Popham each year and has done for donkey's years. The big micro-rally in May has many hundreds of visitors and thousands of radio transmissions. How often have we heard complaints about Popham's radio system???

Exactly.....

Last edited by Monocock; 15th Jan 2013 at 22:26.