PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rough reception at Popham!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 16:39
oscarzulu

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My first call was made at approx 10 NM out, there were about four aircraft in the circuit and my feeling was that there was a misunderstanding or confusion on the part of the A/G operator as to who was asking for 'airfield details'- which I read back along with the QFE and informed him, and everyone else in the circuit how I intended to join. The next call was made when I established on base leg. That was the one that got the "who are you, never heared of you" retort.
All my calls were in acordance with CAP 413, and until I was on base leg, I was quite happy that everything was normal, I'm a CAA R/T examiner (with just short of 10,000 hrs in various different disciplines) so I've got a reasonable handle on how it should be conducted.
On the subject of the picture "oxo", yes, it was indeed the top one.
Someone mentioned the 'cut up traffic' this was an Air Camper that was about half a mile behind me and is even slower than my Kitfox, so there was no question of any conflict. I understand from the Boys that the afore mentioned Numpty is a fan of this type and it therefore would have priority. No mention of it in the Notams though..