PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rough reception at Popham!
View Single Post
Old 15th Jan 2013, 11:57
Finals19

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Definitely complain. I would even suggest you consider a MOR - or the voluntary version - link below:

Accident and Occurrence Reporting | Aircraft | Operations and Safety

Popham uses and A/G (air/ground) facility and is NOT FISO equipped (to my knowledge). Having some guy reprimanding you on the radio while you are joining the circuit is unacceptable, and I hope you told him so. R/T transmissions are supposed to be strictly operational.

If for any reason they were not able to accept you, they should have requested (and I mean requested as that is all they are allowed to do) for you to remain clear of the circuit / standby.

I've flown in/out of Popham many a time - using a/c based there and not, and have on more than one occasion requested joining instructions / PPR over the Radio from 10 mins out. This did not create an issue.

I would also suggest you email the airfield operator complaining about the individual in question. B*****king you on the air while you're configuring your a/c in the circuit is borderline dangerous and distracting and there's no room for idiots like that. Popham is not a licensed airfield and its a shame that such people address incoming traffic as if they were approaching a major class D aerodrome!

What makes this even more sad is that the field itself is lovely and lots of the folks there are equally as nice.

Good luck and don't let this incident slip through the net!