PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Training scotland
View Single Post
Old 13th Jan 2013, 15:55
ecosse

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Training scotland

Hi people i am a newbie so please go easy on me.

I am about to embark on my ppl journey in Ayrshire/west scotland, i am looking for advice of where the best school may be for me.

My plans are to do a ppl then possibly a cpl afterwords, I'm not relay interested in flying for an airline, don't get me wrong i,d love to make a living from flying but i already run a successful garage/mot business close to home so don't want to be away all the time, a part time job flying lighter aircraft or instructing would be good. as i already have an income I'd be doing it for the love of flying.

So the big question is where to learn I'm thinking on a more intensive short term plan, maybe pick a day every week and stick to it doing some morning flying then some study at lunch then back up in afternoon.

Ive got about 15 hours as pic on flex wing microlights and 4 hours solo, I had a bit of an accident at work then my plane got burnt and ended up never getting back to it , so never got to finish my license.

I think i will pick the flying part no problem its the exams i will struggle with, thanks for listening and i await some views of what my best plan may be

Kenny