PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - New money - new tricks
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2013, 20:49
Arrrj

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
John R81,

As usual I agree with you.

May I make the point that it does not follow that a successful businessman cannot make a good pilot. Indeed, I think that a good pilot needs be to be smart person, and it follows that a successful business is (probably) that.

As an Aussie pilot with his own machine, I fly 300-400 hours per year, WAY more than most commercial pilots I know. And most of that is not the 30 minute tourist trips I see the guys at the airport doing day after day. I recently flew to Tasmania and back - 6.5 hours each way and in Tassie the weather changes every 5 minutes (or so it seems). Sun, rain, snow, hail, wind, fog, low cloud etc...and then play that all again !

I also point to my friend Dick Smith, who is a very successful Aussie businessman and a great pilot (aviator ?)...he managed to be successful in business and break a whole bunch of flying records.

All the best,
Arrrj

PS - currently in Spain...either no one has a heli here, or they can't afford to run them ? All I have seen is a EC135 Police machine and only for a few minutes a day.