PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 12th Jan 2013, 14:22
BALHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly, thanks for the information

I can't actually believe you are asking all these questions whilst spouting forth thousands of words on the solution to the London capacity problem/BA and VS strategy. Bizarre.
I am asking these question to see what your opinion is and to see if there is any additional info that I might have not heard about...

So that I can understand what should happen in my opinion...

Presumably 15 considering they have 6 now, are due in receipt of 6 further direct from Boeing as well as the 3 to be leased from ALC. However, these aircraft were originally ordered to bridge the gap following delays in 787 delivery so it will be hard to know how long they will stay.
Thanks for telling me...

Any chance of them leasing any more?

Also if they retain the number of 747-400s at 52, that will mean that BA will operate 67 300+ seater aircraft, or if you add the A380s they havr ordered 79 (not that BA is planning to operate such a number, yet...)

That was the purpose of the A380 and 787-8/9 orders.
Is it not the case that the 787s are meant to replace the 767s (now its looks like it will be more for expansion after the BMI takeover)?

As above; these aircraft were (at least originally) meant to just bridge a gap until deliveries of new aircraft are such that they can be returned to the lessor. But our guesses are as good as anybody's as to whether they might take the A350 - has been previously discussed and we can only speculate.
Since the 777X is delayed (and still not given the Green Light) until the 2020s, it makes it more likely the A350-1000 (and A350-900s to replace the 777-200ERs) will be ordered, since they will arrive sooner...

I'd presume that this will take place after those aircraft have begun to arrive in the fleet. Certainly the 787 will have to prove itself as a viable type following recent problems experienced by other operators. But once again, we'll have to wait and see.
I'd presume that this will take place after those aircraft have begun to arrive in the fleet. Certainly the 787 will have to prove itself as a viable type following recent problems experienced by other operators. But once again, we'll have to wait and see.
Hopefully by then, the 787s problems would hav been ironed out...

An announcement on 737 replacement is due this year. The rest of the fleet (as well as airports like JER) would indicate that an A319neo/A320neo order might be prudent as their replacement. Depending on when the first aircraft arrive, they could start to go from 2015 onwards.
Don't they have suplus A320s (EX-BMI) that could move to LGW once more 777s/787s + A380s are delivered?

Some of the EF/SFG aircraft are ageing - an neo order might be the most sensible replacement. This could be in two years time; maybe more - there is currently no pressing need to replace most of the current generation of aircraft.
Thanks for the info...

By the way, I'm considerably younger than you so probably shouldn't have to be answering questions like this. Perhaps you might consider learning something about the industry before writing the essays which you do?
I just wanted to know if there was any infomation in relation to these subjects I do not know about...

I do need to know more about the industry however...