PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyjet pilots to strike??
View Single Post
Old 2nd Feb 2003, 01:33
Anotherpost75

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mjenkinsblackdog

Re: your pithy comments and final imprecation to me of 1 Feb.

If you had cared to properly read my post of 17 Jan you would have noted that I am not currently working in Europe – “I know that it’s real easy (no pun intended) looking in and commentating from a warmer and sandier location but in a former life with a UK employing airline, I was involved, with many others, in a potential strike position similar to your own.” – By deduction, therefore, I could not be a member of the Easy workforce and with similar reasoning, renewal of BALPA membership at this time would have limited appeal and zero advantage to me.

Similar careful reading of my subsequent posts on this thread would have revealed to you my continued exhortation of non-BALPA members of Easy to join post haste and add their support to a worthy cause and voting weight when balloted – “All non-BALPA members of Easy, please, please join at this late hour and become part of a juggernaut that cannot but help win proper treatment from those who now view you all with utter contempt – look at what has just transpired as a result of their fear of even the suggestion of you all coming together!” – 25 Jan.

You say – “you are informed.” – Obviously BALPA membership automatically confers the right of information – I had not thought it necessary to spell this one out.

Your final comment - “Youll (sic) have to wait for the presentations like all other NON MEMBERS.” – places you precisely in the category of willing tool of management’s classic desire to divide and rule you all. Now is not the time to indulge in silly squabbles and childish differentiations. It is a time for unity and the spread of accurate information to both BALPA and non-BALPA employees. When non-members see the paucity of what is on offer and are unhappy about it, the solution will then be obvious to them – join BALPA and vote against the offer. If they are kept in the dark, they’ll never know of the pressing need to join.

My final comment – May I reiterate to the non-BALPA employees of Easy. Please, even at this late hour, consider joining the Association. You will have a say in the current and vital negotiations concerning your own futures and, if you don’t like what the BALPA negotiators bring back to you, reject it through the ballot and send them back to re-negotiate. Do this as many times as required – you’ve paid for this service through your subscriptions. Remember, they are at your behest and you do not do what they tell you – they do what you tell them.
Now is not the time for rugged individualism or some obscure anti-union ideology. Now is the time for unity and collective action in whatever form is appropriate. Do similarly remember that if you do not add your weight at this pivotal time, the only people you will have to blame for a subsequent disaster and an unhappy future will be yourselves.