PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - In Ear Aviation Headset!
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 15:36
Foxcotte

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In ear headsets

I fly a Citation Bravo, two crew for a small company so there was no 'corporate' policy on what headset to use. The plane came with Telex headsets which both of us chose not to keep using for different reasons - basically it didn't sit well on my big head (no rude comments please) and I was constantly readjusting it in flight to catch radio calls. I now use a Sennheiser jet headset and love it for quality of sound, comfort and fit. My fellow captain chose to go the in-ear route, for very much the same reasons as you, and has tried both the Clarity Aloft and Lightspeed Mach which he much prefers. However we have had some conflicts between our choices of headset with some issues of volume differences and what sometimes seems to be interference.

He has also found the in ear to be not that comfortable after a long sector. And yes it's a bit of a fiddle to re-install in a hurry for a key radio call or situation. He is still experimenting to find what works but is slightly gravitating back to a standard Bose or Sennheiser like mine. For what it's worth....