PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 5th Jan 2013, 12:15
pwalhx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would help the industry as a whole is the removal of APD (however we know that is not going to happen).

What would help people like myself is the removal of APD to allow more services from the regions, as I have mentioned before Manchester has lost potential flights to Dublin because of APD.

Your beloved BA has for it's own commercial reason abandoned direct flights from the regions, so forgive us for choosing to use foreign carriers that will.

As for your argument that we all fly on British carriers via London is better for the UK economy, that dismisses the fact that foreign carriers bringing foreign nationals into the regions is good for the economies of the regions of the U.K.

Whatever class you fly on BA I agree the service is not as good as other carriers, so BA should be looking at improving that service and that will encourage more people to use them.

For your benefit I speak from experience as someone who flew over 60 times last year including, for the benefit of travelling with colleague from the South a lot of flights via LHR.

Last edited by pwalhx; 5th Jan 2013 at 12:18.