PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA PPL based on a foreign licence, can I or can't I fly night visual?
Old 5th Jan 2013, 08:55
Victo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
B2N2, thank you very much for calling the Chief Council, I will be waiting for the news! I didn't know I could get an endorsment from a US instructor on a Piggy tail licence, so I see there are many solutions to my "Problem".
I want here to apologize with all of you because as Dubliner says (thanks!), I think I've been looking for problems where there are not. He's right, there's no "Day only" thing on the JAA legislation and neither in my licence. Even if it does not anywhere say on it ""the privileges of the this licence may be excercised at night" , it does not say "VFR from dawn to sunset" as it does on the licence of my friends who do not have the Instruments Rating. I've been told that with the IR I'm qualified for VFR night, and I've checked and it's so.
Martinch, my initial plan is still to get the IFP and do the hours Night IR, I think it would be stupid to spend 75hours flying visual, and without even the possibility to admire the US from the air because it's night. I only wanted to have the concepts clear in case I have to go and do the hours asap. I only will know when I speak with the guy I told you, but if everything goes well I hope he will let me the time to do this properly and without hurries. I posted you an answer to your private message, did you get it?
Thanks again for all guys, and B2N2, please, when you get the reply keep us informed, it's only curiousity, but it will be interesting to know.