PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Which Flying School/Club??
View Single Post
Old 4th Jan 2013, 15:26
predzsingh15

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Which Flying School/Club??

Hi guys!
Basically I am in a huge dilemma, I live in Berkshire UK and my chosen flying club is WLAC (West London Aero Club) situated in White Waltham (Maidenhead) Aircraft Rates - West London Aero Club
I want to start my PPL real soon and this is what they have to offer:-

45 hours JAR PPL dual instruction in an Piper Warrior PA28 – 161 AVGAS including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook - £8126
or
45 hours JAR PPL dual instruction in a Piper Warrior PA28 – TAE125 Diesel including all written exams and WLAC PPL Student workbook - £7847

FIRST can someone please tell me what the difference is between those two options^^

Now I am waiting on my instructor to call me and hes really nice so far, i've had one lesson with him already like a 'starter package' out of 3 and he was the one who i preferred. He said he'll contact me early Jan 2013 to plan my flying schedule.

In the meantime I was looking at other flying clubs that seemed quite good by people comments etc.
There's a flying club in Wycombe (BA) Learn to Fly - Airways Flying Club
they're hourly rate is 199 for piper pa28 and i multiplied that by 45 and it came up with £8955.00 + you have to pay for examination fees, whereas at WLAC its all in one. However the upside with BAFC is apparently they have full atc and a hard runway which is meant to be really good by peoples reviews.

I dont know whether WLAC has full atc or not but i quite like it and its closer to me aswell.

Please tell me which one would be better, it would really be helpful

Also are there any other flying clubs you would know in berkshire or near berkshire that is better or cheaper? that anyone of you would know of...

Thank you very much!