PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - British Airways - 2
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 18:12
Fairdealfrank

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote: "Do youthink a BA-IB separation will work?"

Can't see the point, they've only recently put it together. they have to resolve IB's problems and soon! It's a similar situation at AF-KL.

Of course, BA should have linked up with KL back in the day, but regretably, it was not to be.

Quote: "Remember I used the term“unofficial”"

Yes, you keep banging on about a 70% maximum slot ownership for one carrier at any one airport, but you fail to explain where this figure comes from and why. To say that LH have 70% of slots at FRA is not an explanation. To say it is "unofficial" is not an explanation.

Please don't take us all for idiots, can't put it any more politely.

Quote: "Look, if I was Secretary of State for Transport under the 2010-2015 Conservative-Liberal Democrat government…

Am looking!

Quote: "Then I would more than willing to face down and scrutinise the Anti-LHR/LGW/STN/LTN campaigners pretty well, the problem is not them however, it’s my superiors, the Liberals don’twant it anyway, the Tories (Dave and his allies anyway) don’t want it do to the fact they cannot make tough decisions and they don’t want to lose seats at the next election

The best I could do is either openly support a bigger LHR and openly criticise my own superiors or try and force Dave and his mates out…"

If you were secretary of state for transport (heaven help us), you ought to be pushing those in the government who favour LHR expansion (behind the scenes of course) into growing a pair and a backbone. Indeed, you could it make it a condition of accepting the job.

Quote: "Or I could push for THA (and close all the other airports in London, its metropolitan region and commuter belt) with the backing of Boris, openly support it and place a ultimatum of Dave and his mate:

Either you spend £200Billion on THA or spend £0 on allowing LHR expansion…"

Why would you do this if you support LHR expansion? especially as Boris has back-tracked and now supports STN expansion.

In reality your actions would depend on (1) how safe your seat was, (2) whether you have any skeletons in your cupboard, (3) your ability to resist pressure from the whips' office, and (4) your relationship with your local party (for reselection purposes).

Quote: "If it I was Secretary of State for Transport under the 2015-2020 Labour government…

What Labour government? Jumping the gun a wee bit here aren't we?!

Quote: "Since most of their support comes is away from London, its metropolitan region and commuter belt and in areas that would not suffer from airport expansion in theLondon + SE srea, I would basically push pressure on my superiors to allow LHR expansion…"

You don't know much about the modern Labour party do you? Thanks to Blair, Mandelson and co., it is now just a party of the metropolitan elite and the chattering classes, as very well illustrated by their present leader.

You're clearly not a student of government and politics are you!

Last edited by Fairdealfrank; 5th Jan 2013 at 22:49.