PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 14:49
pitotheat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
AdM
I too am offended by your assertion that only trainers have voiced their discontent regarding flexicrew. This is simply not true. I for one have written e mails to CMcC and others, had meetings with my Base Captain and have been very vocal in my dealing with BALPA to get this sorted. I know I am not alone.
As for uSay. Why should the management care if we are engaged at 10% or 99%. It makes no difference to them.
Do we as individuals do what we can to get the aircraft away on time? Yes.
We report before our start time to get through all the frustrations of IT and wade through the reams of paperwork. We leave the crewroom at STD-45 regardless of whether it is a CAVOK day with no MEL issues or a miserable day with various faults on the aircraft. Result high OTP therefore high engagement.
We proudly adopt the latest fuel saving measures. Increasing percentage of OETD/OETAs, flaps 3 landings and arrivals with CNR. Result decreasing fuel burn therefore high engagement.
We kid ourselves by those wishing to protest ticking the most negative comment in the uSay box but continue to do all that we can to increase OTP and fuel efficiency.
So why waste your time on a survey?
Personally, I think the company is OK for me but is a source of shame when it comes to the employment practices of our new joiners. If we wanted to demonstrate our unity to get flexicrew sorted the answer is not uSay.