PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mil Aircrew - can it go lower in 2013?
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jan 2013, 10:07
LateArmLive

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Just the sort of unimaginative, blinkered line-toeing I was glad to leave behind.
Yet you just can't help yourself from coming back...

I see where you're coming from Salad Dodger, but this forum will never change. I assume you are currently serving military aircrew - do you really think a closed forum where we have to login with our service numbers (or other credentials) would really work? There is something on the DLP that was started along those lines, and I think both of the members of that forum have a great time talking to each other.

I think we just have to accept mil aircrew for what it is:

Old gits who hang around talking about the good old days, and how glad they are they left when they did. (75%)
Spotters and wannabes posting photos or asking for advice. (10%)
Current mil aircrew (and backroom boys/girls) who rarely post because they actually have crewrooms to banter in. (10%)
People who post links to military stories they've found on the internet whilst sitting in their pi$$-soaked chairs. (5%)
WEBF. (100% fantasy)

(Apologies for those I have missed!)

Maybe the forum name needs to change?

Military Aircrew: A forum for the ex-professionals who may at one time have been near the non-civilian hardware, and the backroom boys and girls without whom they'd have nobody to banter. Perverts of the World, all equally welcome here.