PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking risks when you don't have to - Single engine
Old 1st Feb 2003, 02:33
ibgutless

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless

B'onn siúlach scéalach. I see that my name has been taken in vain. Yes, I am the "Knee Dancing Champion of Alaska" this title was awarded at an Anchorage watering hole by a blue eye Amazon (you had to have been there); I have on a many occasions written my name in snow with my yellow pen as the blades did turn. I have even pump fuel as they did so above my head. (Let it be understood that at no time did we hot refuel; we rapid refueled – hot refueling meant that something might be burning somewhere close) I have even hook my noisy charger to barrels, nets, and once and only once to fifty sheets of ¾ inch plywood and all the time them thing where turning above my head.

Now some may remember that years ago in a small town in Texas, we were shown how to lay sticks and rocks under turning blades to mark our hover path so that we would be clear and not clip any trees as we maneuver in a confined areas. Remember how much fun that was. All of this come down to ==

The only difference between us and Ladies of the Night is that Heilcopter Pilots don’t charge enough.

One more thought and I’ll be gone. How long will your battery last at -40 C or F which ever, and when your ready to go, will the sorry beast start?