PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China lands jet on first aircraft carrier
Old 30th Dec 2012, 12:34
USMCProbe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just spent 2 years flying in China. Once, I saw an cargo plane (_AN something or other), take off and climb to altitude. Other than that I never saw a military aircraft of any type do anything but touch and goes, and even those were rare. I never saw a fighter taxiing. Ever. Maybe twice a week two French made helo's would fly a real wide pattern, in VERY wide formation, around the landing pattern. Our home base airport was closed then for "military activities".

I was also living very close to a Navy base. I never saw a Naval vessel move. Ever. Once a month a bunch of sailors would leave the base and go across the street to the beach. They all had "floaties" on their upper arms. They would stand in formation on the beach and make swimming stroke motions with their arms for about 15 minutes. They would never enter the water. That was their monthly swimming lesson I guess.

Everything in China is just for "show". The Chinese military is just a corrupt business, and their is no money in burning jet fuel for training. The big secret of the Chinese military is that it is fake. Just like everything else in China. They might have some shiny toys, but unless you train, they are worthless cannon fodder for any adversary.