PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - GATWICK
Thread: GATWICK
View Single Post
Old 29th Dec 2012, 18:56
vectisman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing I forgot to mention. BA does offer full service on all flights from Gatwick. There is nothing in the 'middle' about that. I also find the crews are very good. Myself I like paying the fare and not having to worry about the luggage extras and enjoy the complimentary drinks, snacks and meals. Prices are competitive too. Catering has actually improved this year. With more A319s for next Summer and beyond things are looking on the up.

I have nothing at all against Easyjet and have used them with no problem. I just have my personal choices and that is what it is about. Easyjet and BA both need the competition from each other and Gatwick Airport needs to keep a balance of carriers to suit all market segments.

Interestingly Ryanair have reduced their commitment to Gatwick steadily. I think in part this is due to the Gatwick catchment area being happy to pay a little more for service. Also people going on holiday, especially the higher end of the market, are more likely to pay up for a better product.

V.