PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 28th Dec 2012, 16:54
jungliebeefer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have to agree with Rigga's sentiment. Crab it seems that you refuse to accept that any organisation could possibly provide a service as capable as the RAF. Having worked in or around all current providers of SAR in the UK I can state that they are all equally capable. All three current providers share one valuable asset - aircrew both front and back who are dedicated to this most honourable of tasks.

The impression you leave on this network is that of an individual who
believes that the RAF SAR Force is a far superior practitioner of the art than any other organisation is or could be. This arrogance immediately turns many away from your other better presented and valid points.

You have no experience of operating in the civilian SAR world, yet criticise it from a distance. Ultimately the success of future SAR will not be down to the aircraft or the SOPs used (RN, Civ, RAF they all work), but will be due to the hard work and fortitude of the pilots and rear crew that man it. Whether they come from the RN, RAF or a Civ background is unimportant - as they do now, there hard work will forge future success.

In any process such as this there is always a place for constructive discussion - this is how the future shape of SAR will be decided, unfortunately you are now coming across as arrogant and wishing to be a part of the problem as opposed to the solution. I realise the issues (many you have raised), but none are insurmountable and having left the military I realise that the civilian solution is equally viable.

JB