PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 13:27
jayteeto

Location: Liverpool based Geordie, so calm down, calm down kidda!!
Received 17 Likes on 6 Posts
I wasn't trying to be harsh and other than biting back at the poster who said Bond Pilots (ie ME!) were useless, I wasn't trying to be personal.
I did 25 years in the RAF and am approaching 10 years of police/hems operations, this allows me a valid opinion on this thread. Not all will agree, but I was exposed to financial pressures in both jobs. The simple facts are that you need to accept how governments work. It really is that simple........ They don't care how much better or worse a system is, they don't care about peoples lives. There are 2 things that matter ABOVE ALL ELSE,

Primary: Will the public care and still vote for them?

Secondary: The cost.

For instance, one layman in a roomful of experts. A minister asks a question on how much a service will cost. If the layman shouts out a figure lower than rest, guess which 'expert' the minister will listen to?
Bond understand the system, they cut costs everywhere they can, the service may be the silver solution, but it WILL be fit for purpose. Crab, I understand EXACTLY where you are coming from, however that just isn't going to happen in a million years. I said earlier, you all need to accept it and move on, give the new service some support, even if it should be better. A reduced service is better than none at all.