PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Taking risks when you don't have to - Single engine
Old 31st Jan 2003, 10:03
Hoverman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SASless
There's often a big division of views on this forum between UK/European pilots and people like you who've spent your career working all over the world often in difficult conditions.
One of the good things about Rotorheads is we can read experiences and opinions from people like you. Most civvy pilots in the UK (like me) lead fairly sheltered lives.
I know SteveieTerrier will think I'm getting at him, I'm honestly not, but I don't think he'd deny he's had an even more limited flying career and much narrower experience than most of us. Steve's always worked at the same place doing pleasure flights, charters and safety pilot work for businessmen helicopter owners going to meetings etc. Don't get me wrong, Steve's a good solid reliable pilot, but your chalk and cheese in experience, so not surprising you have very different views. You've been flying out in the big wide world. I've done more than some but nothing like as much as you and some others on the forum.
That's maybe why I enjoy reading posts by people like you, but it's also a bit embarassing at times. Our opinions and attitudes are formed by our experience. A lot of UK/European civvy pilots have very narrow experience so attitudes are often a bit narrow as well.

Last edited by Hoverman; 31st Jan 2003 at 10:15.