PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 24th Dec 2012, 08:14
[email protected]

Received 622 Likes on 270 Posts
I agree that the military overtrain,
based on what? the number of hours flown or the number and diversity of exercises.

Note that not all military SAR train the same way or the same amount - some don't see the need for night wets or PLB homings for example and have a basic set of currency requirements whilst others have a broad spectrum of training requirements proven over many years to yield the right levels of training for even the most demanding SARop.

I've been doing this for a few years now and I know when I haven't done enough training and certainly, through examining, when others haven't done enough!

You can write your training system to be as lean as possible and then ensure that the standard you require is relatively low so everyone can achieve it with minimal training - it's just like dumbing down O levels so more people pass and you can convince the world your education system works!

Geoffers in cornwall has highlighted his concerns on other threads that the quality of training in some areas of the commercial world is falling - is that the way we want to go with SAR?