PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The future of UK SAR, post SAR-H
View Single Post
Old 23rd Dec 2012, 17:28
jimf671

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts
I think the way that joins up is through a different mechanism. The CAA Flight Operations Inspector for SAR is on the UK SAR Liaison Committee along with representatives of various RAF bits of the pie and the contractors, MCA and several DfT.

---------------
Added.

Assuming that the regulator is represented within the DfT SAR-H project team may be a potentially dangerous notion. The CAA clearly work at standing off from their mothership the DfT and the FSG perhaps some distance again. Thus the separation of FSG and project team representation on the UK SAR Liaison Committee.

The project documentation has limited references to the regulatory aspects. It is believed that the DfT Project Team have made clear that they will play no part in regulatory matters and that relationship is solely between the operator and the regulator. This is consistent with the approach demonstrated in my communications with the bodies involved.

---------------

On documentation, for instance, in the 19th September ITT set, the only reference to regulatory matters that I could find was as follows.

Schedule 6.2 – Acceptance Procedures
1.3 The Acceptance Procedure shall only take place once the Civil Aviation Authority has granted the AOC at each Base.

Last edited by jimf671; 24th Dec 2012 at 09:18. Reason: Added clarifying paragraphs.