PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 22:46
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Robmedium - wary as I am discussing individuals on a public forum, LC is exactly who you want in management. She is for the Company but is also absolutely for the pilots. She has years of experience in BALPA and has not done a single thing in management to misuse that experience - nor do I expect her to do so. Like it or not many of the qualities required to be an effective BALPA rep are exactly those required of an airline manager. The last person you want in management is a union-hater, who will just take on all comers out of some misguided sense of duty.

I am not at all sure of WB's golfing arrangements, but if they include playing with BALPA reps, then that is just fine by me. Some of the greatest business deals of all time have been worked out in the 19th hole - it would not bother me one whit if that were the case here. If I became a BALPA rep tomorrow, the first thing I would do would be to go out for a curry with my opposite number and find out exactly where he/she is coming from. All the best results come from good working relationships and not bad ones. The CC will be judged by their results and not who they play golf with.