PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 18:52
turbine100

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I went through self funded / modular route and finished with almost no debt, but it took sometime to get through everything with this in mind.

By the time i finished, CTC become the road block as they had the contracts to supply their cadets along with Flexicrew. Airlines would not advertise jobs that myself and others would like to apply for at the lower end with some experience / hours. Much of it because of the CTC / OAA type of organisations with their contracts with the airlines.

I am guessing those with turboprop experience in the likes of Flybe and other A to A operators or similar, that want to move onto a jet at Easyjet or other operators are also stuck being more expensive and non rated.

Perhaps BALPA need to do produce some leaflets for those wanting to go into flight training with some of the facts, whilst trying to challenge some operators T&C's.

More recently the BA future first officer program, those of us who had licenses at the bottom with some experience, could not even apply. At the same time BA were re-advertising the program, they had pilots from other airlines in their hold pool who were dropped that went through all the BA selection processes in the prior 12 - 18 months. So quite a few things in this industry about pilot recruitment and T&C's are screwed up.

Last edited by turbine100; 22nd Dec 2012 at 19:06.