PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Orange diarrhoea
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 16:50
Alexander de Meerkat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Like Penko, I do not lie awake at night contemplating each individual cadet's financial affairs. I was in a much worse position at their stage and was married with two children. Nonetheless, we ignore this issue at our peril. We have to recognise that times have changed and that the new joiners are following the only way into the industry. If we leave huge numbers of non-easyJet employees working for the Company we will soon be unable to negotiate and be Ryanair with orange tails. We have a real opportunity to put easyJet pilots in easyJet cockpits and we should not deviate from that requirement or reduce ourselves to petty bickering. This is today's battle and we simply cannot afford to lose it as we are in the strongest position we can ever be - it is downhill from here if we do not push home our advantage. I believe that the Company wants a solution as much as we do - they just want different terms and conditions! I have absolutely nothing to gain personally from this battle, but our industry has everything to lose if we fail. Put simply, this is everyone's concern and if you want to finish your career on the same terms and conditions, let alone better, then you want to get behind BALPA right now. Failure to act now will bite every single pilot at easyJet in a big way in very short order - don't say you were not warned.