PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LEEDS 5
Thread: LEEDS 5
View Single Post
Old 22nd Dec 2012, 08:17
Gate 8

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Offint

IIRC you posted identically in June and you clearly have a point that the saving is considerable.

However surely LBA is better placed than MAN/GLA/EDI/NCL etc in this regard?

From those airports the option is simple Qatar/Etihad/EK etc with zero extra travelling or BA.

From LBA you did have to consider whether the saving was worth the trek over the Pennines. Of course at circa £3,000 you argue that it was but someone booking economy to HKG who has the option of BA from LBA or EK from MAN with perhaps £150 saving may well elect to use LBA.

Furthermore, BA fill 11 flights ex MAN and a great majority are connecting traffic ALL of whom have the option to use the Gulf carriers.

You must concede that your assertion that the route is stuffed based on your example hardly stands up?

I do agree fwiw that 4/day was too many and I personally think the 3 in S13 will work better even with the late first southbound.

I've seen the loads on every flight and plenty are doing ok with many in the 70's now. The 0700 north and 2100 south are a waste of time.

The telling time will be the first quarter of 2013. Starting on Dec 9th was ridiculous and at best a 'soft launch' to get the operation going. Word is out there now, the a/c are very smart lets see how many back it in the new year.

Oh and as someone else said can people please stop morning about the T1 aspect. The terminal transfer is not that arduous. Yes we'd all like T5 but DUS and BFS, 2 very established routes are also in T1, T5 isn't big enough and thesis a new venture, it was always going to start here. I have it on the best authority going that LBA , IF it demonstrates the sort of figs expected, will have a night stopper and be in T5 within 18 months. That will only happen if we back it.